Our work experience placements across Europe are carefully designed to teach your students valuable skills in their chosen areas of study. We work closely with our network of international partners to ensure that each placement is well structured, and that individuals are given all the support they need.
“My colleagues were very supportive and spoke English with me and we became good friends over the weeks. My manager also helped me to pick up some Spanish phrases, and enabled me to write work-related emails in Spanish. The host organisation was always available to offer advice and visited me every week during my placement to monitor my progress.”
Some of our placements include:
- Front-of-house roles in hostels, hotels and resorts (e.g. assisting on reception and communicating with guests)
- Street marketing for companies offering tours and excursions
- Selling tickets at tourist attractions and greeting guests
As each placement is unique our students might gain experience in a range of different areas, such as:
- Demonstrating local knowledge through marketing tours and attractions
- Operating room booking software in use within the hotel industry
- Dealing with complaints from guests professionally and providing solutions
“I believe that the placement will help me with my future career as it has given me a confidence boost in the customer service industry. I was confident to talk to guests that I have not met and was able to tell them information about a city that was alien to me.”
“My biggest achievement was learning the reception computer systems, it was quite challenging to get used to but with practice it was easier. Another achievement was learning some Greek words such as how to say ‘good morning’, ‘hello’, ‘good evening’, ‘how are you’. I found learning these phrases helped with my customer service skills to Greek guests.”
Explore all our vocational areas
Our work experience placements across Europe are carefully designed to teach your students valuable skills in their chosen areas of study. We work closely with our network of international partners to ensure that each and every placement is well structured, and that individuals are given all the support they need.